- MongoDB is an open source database
- Developed by 10gen and now named as MongoDB
- It is an agile database and allows schemas to change quickly with very less impact on application.no DDL and the changes can be done from application layer.
- Scalable,High performance and always available
- Allow Caching
- Handle failover automatically and easy to replicate
What is MongoDB?
- It is a open source database
- it is stored in database in Binary format
- it is written in C++ so it is light weight
- Easy to use
- High indexing support
- Data is distributed in multiple nodes,so it is always available and replication is easy
- Data distribution is automatic
- Easy interface to query database
- MongoDB has its own Mapreduce framework
- Uses Grid FS to store large files ex: video,audio files etc and gives the provision to save these high volume data in distributed manner
Terminology between RDBMS and MongoDB:
|Table Join||Embedded Document(Parent and child documents)|
|Primary key||Primary Key(Key_id by MongoDB)|
Production environment for MongoDB?
- MongoDB has large no of clusters and each node is called Shard.
- Shards are nothing but the actual nodes containing the actual data
- The query are getting routed through Mongos from app server to MongoDB
- Mongos contacts the configuration file to see the meta data information on clusters before getting routed to MongoDB clusters
MongoDB CRUD operation:
- MongoDB provides functionalities for reading and manipulating data
- CRUD stands for Create,Read,Update and Delete operations
- Data Modification
© 2015, www.techkatak.com. All rights reserved.